Saturday, October 31, 2009

Circumcision concern?

I am 21 years old and I had an operation for a circumcision on Thursday. However I am very concerned about the outcome. My first concern is the edge of the newly cut skin. Around the edges of the skin, where the foreskin had been removed, this area above the stiching has turned out the way - is this normal? My second concern is, the cotton swabs that I have been using to around my penis last night got caught on some of the stiching and consequently removed some of the stiching at the front of my penis. I think it was only one or two stiches however this has left the newly cut skin at the front of my penis slightly loose or about 1cm. Will this cause any problems, or will this heal itself ?

I hope I have explained myself well enough, and I would really appreciate if you could help relieve some of my concern.
Answer:
it takes time, i had a dorsel cut (down the middle, so i could keep the foreskin) call your surgeon! (for care)
you don't need to worry as this is normal after a circumcision. A friend of my brother had it done due to an infection he had contracted. After the procedure, everything is normal and he has been in a new relationship for over a year now. Doesn't seem to be having any problems. Actually, Doctors say that to be circumsized is better since men seem to get fewer infections when they are circumsized.
You are making me clench my butt in anticipation of pain. Stop talking about that at once!

It is hard to imaine that you have pulled stitches out. These either are the dissolving kind .. or the kind you go back to the doctor for him to remove. If the latter, you should go and see the doctor now, if they are the disolving kind.. then dont worry about it.. keep bathing... and stay away from cotton wool. ouch.. why am I crossing my legs?

Nothing you described sounds unusual to me, by the way, but I am not sure what you mean when you say "this area above the stiching has turned out the way".
The "hood" of the penis is sometimes removed entirely, and in others only a portion is removed.

It sounds like you have the latter. It also sounds like normal healing, and there is nothing at all to worry about.

All of the skin and tissue is very flexible. Urination might be a bit painful initially, and because most males experience a partial or full erection when waking you might also experience a momentary pain due to the expansion and the resultant pressure on the stitches.

All of this is temporary. It will heal quickly and you will not notice it all in the future.
The area where the foreskin is removed will become swollen and raised until it's fully healed, and sometimes even the scar that remains is a little raised. This is normal and just depends on how your body heals.

Be careful about pulling out the stitches. One or two might be okay, but if you rip too many out before the wound's fully healed the would could reopen, and that would be not only painful but incredibly messy and more difficult to repair. You'll need to try to avoid touching the area until it's fully healed (usually in 2-4 weeks).
if you are concerned talk to your doctor that did the surgery.

Also may I congratulate you for making such a good choice. It is much healthier to be circumcised and it looks better, no question or debate about that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive