Sunday, October 25, 2009

Can varicoceles go away after puberty?

I got it during puberty and I was wondering if they would ever go away because I really want to be fertile.
Answer:
No, you've got to have surgery. I developed it when I was 15, and got surgery when I was older and now I have to kids.

I suggest you go two an Urologist and have it checked
They don't affect fertility, they're just varicose veins in your scrotum. But they don't go away by themselves, they need a doctor's treatment, either stripping or draining.
They don't go away, although mine ache and are swollen less often now I'm older. They can affect fertility but don't always. Are they swollen all the time or do they come up and go down? Mine used to swell after physical activity or if I ejaculated too often. This would probably affect fertility because it's the warm pocket of blood near the testicle that keeps the temperature higher than is optimal for sperm production. I had fertility problems but more because of the viscosity of my semen than the sperm themselves. The varicoceles can be treated without damaging the testicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive