Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Daily hair "trauma" going bald?

I am a breakdancer and every so often when trying a new move or just practicing and what not I try some moves where my head slides across the carpet and there is some tugging. Before I used to get pain in my scalp, but that's long gone. I'm not doing headspins or anything like that on carpet, but could doing simple that during regular practices cause hair loss later in my life? And on another related question one day I do plan to try headspins drills (the really fast spins and fall, not those incredibly long kind like on youtube) and other moves like that on smooth floor, like a dance floor, the kind in dance studios or linoleum. Would that kind of spinning and sliding which there is nearly none of on smooth floor, cause baldness? I'd like an either experienced answer or a professional one. The kind of action my scalp is getting is friction, and not really pulling, if anything I would think that would encourage hair growth, right? Am I at risk of going bald, when I should have hair?
Answer:
~You could be killing off your hair follicles, with the constant friction. At least temporary hair loss. Do you really want to risk it?~
Worrying for nothing.
It won't help it. ~GL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive