Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Could you really die from drinking Vitamin C pills and eating prawn/shrimp on the same time?

I heard that you'd die from Arsenic poisoning in a matter of hourse if you did. Any truth to the rumor?
Answer:
I don't think so. First, Vitamin C is very safe; it is impossible to overdose on it. The most it will do is upset your stomach. The body will not metabolize what it doesn't need; that's why your urine is neon yellow when you take vitamin C. Second, I have never heard any thing concerning Vitamin C and shrimp. If this were true, I think there would be some type of warning on the bottle. I would not worry about it.

Paramedic in SC
Yes, it's the leading cause in Vitamin C shrimp related fatalities.
Myth.
not that i know of
I dont know if a person can really die from drinking vitamin c and eating prawn/shrimp together, but I do know that in cooking you should cook prawn/shrimp together with citrus fruits, because citrus fruits are high in vitamin C. It is said that shrimps and prawns contains toxins, and on mixing with vitamin C they form a chemical reaction and become worse toxic product. Thats why usually after surgery or injury doctors always prohibit the patient from eating seafood (not including fish) like prawns and clams/oyster/shell types.

Like I said, I dont know about dying from eating vitamin C pills and prawns together, but I do know the last time I eat prawns and drank lemonade it gave me a bad stomachache and I had diarrea the following day and kept vomitting everything I eat for 3 days. The first thing I vomitted was the prawns I ate the night before. They were never really digested at all. Yuck!
How do you drink a Vitamin C Pill? Strange woman!
no u can try it
not that I know of, but it's best to ask your doctor if you are concerned.
i dont know try it
dont u have ur family doctor ?ask him or her or dont u trust them or u wanna just time pass on asking stupid question
This is an e-mail hoax that started in may of 2001, see the below web site for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive