Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cramps daily in my legs, feet,arms?

i'm a man in my 40's , lately i've been getting cramps in my legs just sitting in a chair, this is happening everyday, sometimes in my feet or arms . should i be alarmed
Answer:
Hi, sorry to hear that you are having muscle cramps, I know that they can be quite painful, no matter how long they last. My suggestion is to eat a banana every other day or raw potato, they are high in potassium. Also, when was your last physical? I suggest that you go to the doctor and voice your concerns, the Dr. should run an entire blood panel to check all your levels, at least yearly. When in doubt, check it out.

Good luck!! : )
Not enough water maybe. It happens to me when I don't drink enough water.
No, but concerned is ok. If you are taking potassium and/or B vitamin supplements and are still getting the cramps, it is time to consider whether or not you have a condition called hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Check out www.hufa.org, especially the symptoms link, and see if this sounds like you.

My cramps went away very quickly once I started eating to control my (until then undiscovered) low blood sugar condition.
You may be deficient in potassium and magnesium. Also, if you are not well hydrated cramping will occur. You should seek medical advice and make sure it's not anything more serious.
I'm a man of 62...I get them too!...Perhaps we are both seizing up through lack of exercise!..Professional footballers get leg cramps and they are 100 per cent fit,so I shouldn't worry....I have also noted the advice given by these other kind people.
Drink more water, and do get some Vitamin B tablets.

Well that is what the doctor tells me...

And do be more active!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive